Saturday 3 September 2011

Victoria - Work Begins

Like Oliver, this is another model that I have wanted to make for a while. The main problem is there are not many kits for items of Furness Railway stock, so it's a case of adapting or scratchbuilding. With the former being the easier option, I went down that path. I started with Ratio kit number 612, a four compartment Great Western Railway coach.

As you may have noticed, it's not a accurate match. In fact, it's very close to several coaches seen within the Television Series, but it's good enough for now in my eyes. Truth is, you would struggle to get a closer match that ticks most of the boxes required for a model of Victoria.


Once the glue had dried, I removed the rubber bands in order to check the model was set. Once sorted and squared up, I've gone onto detailing her to suitable standards where she will have to wait, as I'm going for a 100% match with the Furness Railway colours rather than those from the illustrations.

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.